Among the aircraft use by PSIOWA were the two seen in the postcard shown below...Westland Wessex G-ABVB and DH.83 Fox Moth G-ACCA.
An informal flying meeting ,organised by the IOW Flying Club,was held on June 12th 1930 that attracted 20+ visiting aircraft and a large audience(see photo below).The meeting ,which was opened by Sir Alliot Verdon Roe was a great success with several displays and contests such as Balloon Bursting.
Perhaps encouraged by the success of the June 12th meeting the Flying club arranged a more organised event for August 17th 1930.This attracted some 30 visiting aircraft and around 8,000 paying spectators.There were assorted flying displays and a handicap air race with 4 entrants over a course Aerodrome-Shanklin-Sandown -Aerodrome.
In 1934 the activities ceased and flying moved temporarily to the Sandown /Landguard Manor site before a final move to Sandown /Lea Farm in early 1935. A hangar still remains on the site ,in use as a barn..